Version 0.7.6 (2020-06-05)
- White panda is deprecated, upgrade to comma two or black panda
- 2017 Nissan X-Trail, 2018-19 Leaf and 2019 Rogue support thanks to avolmensky!
- 2017 Mazda CX-5 support in dashcam mode thanks to Jafaral!
- Huge CPU savings in modeld by using thneed!
- Lots of code cleanup and refactors
Version 0.7.5 (2020-05-13)
- Right-Hand Drive support for both driving and driver monitoring!
- New driving model: improved at sharp turns and lead speed estimation
- New driver monitoring model: overall improvement on comma two
- Driver camera preview in settings to improve mounting position
- Added support for many Hyundai, Kia, Genesis models thanks to xx979xx!
- 2019 Nissan X-Trail and 2018 Nissan Leaf support thanks to avolmensky!
- Improved lateral tuning for 2020 Toyota Rav 4 (hybrid)
Version 0.7.4 (2020-03-20)
- New driving model: improved lane changes and lead car detection
- Improved driver monitoring model: improve eye detection
- Improved calibration stability
- Improved lateral control on some 2019 and 2020 Toyota Prius
- Improved lateral control on VW Golf: 20% more steering torque
- Fixed bug where some 2017 and 2018 Toyota C-HR would use the wrong steering angle sensor
- Support for Honda Insight thanks to theantihero!
- Code cleanup in car abstraction layers and ui
Version 0.7.3 (2020-02-21)
Improved autofocus for road facing camera
- Support for 2020 Highlander thanks to che220!
- Support for 2018 Lexus NX 300h thanks to kengggg!
- Speed up ECU firmware query
- Fix bug where manager would sometimes hang after shutting down the car
Version 0.7.2 (2020-02-07)
- ECU firmware version based fingerprinting for Honda & Toyota
- New driving model: improved path prediction during turns and lane changes and better lead speed tracking
- Improve driver monitoring under extreme lighting and add low accuracy alert
- Support for 2019 Rav4 Hybrid thanks to illumiN8i!
- Support for 2016, 2017 and 2020 Lexus RX thanks to illumiN8i!
- Support for 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid thanks to adhintz!
Version 0.7.1 (2020-01-20)
- comma two support!
- Lane Change Assist above 45 mph!
- Replace zmq with custom messaging library, msgq!
- Supercombo model: calibration and driving models are combined for better lead estimate
- More robust updater thanks to jyoung8607! Requires NEOS update
- Improve low speed ACC tuning
Version 0.7 (2019-12-13)
- Move to SCons build system!
- Add Lane Departure Warning (LDW) for all supported vehicles!
- NEOS update: increase wifi speed thanks to jyoung8607!
- Adaptive driver monitoring based on scene
- New driving model trained end-to-end: improve lane lines and lead detection
- Smarter torque limit alerts for all cars
- Improve GM longitudinal control: proper computations for 15Hz radar
- Move GM port, Toyota with DSU removed, comma pedal in community features; toggle switch required
- Remove upload over cellular toggle: only upload qlog and qcamera files if not on wifi
- Refactor Panda code towards ISO26262 and SIL2 compliancy
- Forward stock FCW for Honda Nidec
- Volkswagen port now standard: comma Harness intercepts stock camera
Version 0.6.6 (2019-11-05)
- Volkswagen support thanks to jyoung8607!
- Toyota Corolla Hybrid with TSS 2.0 support thanks to u8511049!
- Lexus ES with TSS 2.0 support thanks to energee!
- Fix GM ignition detection and lock safety mode not required anymore
- Log panda firmware and dongle ID thanks to martinl!
- New driving model: improve path prediction and lead detection
- New driver monitoring model, 4x smaller and running on DSP
- Display an alert and don't start openpilot if panda has wrong firmware
- Fix bug preventing EON from terminating processes after a drive
- Remove support for Toyota giraffe without the 120Ohm resistor
Version 0.6.5 (2019-10-07)
- NEOS update: upgrade to Python3 and new installer!
- comma Harness support!
- New driving model: lateral control has lower reliance on lanelines
- New driver monitoring model: more accurate face and eye detection
- Redesign offroad screen to display updates and alerts
- Increase maximum allowed acceleration
- Prevent car 12V battery drain by cutting off EON charge after 3 days of no drive
- Lexus CT Hybrid support thanks to thomaspich!
- Louder chime for critical alerts
- Add toggle to switch to dashcam mode
- Fix "invalid vehicle params" error on DSU-less Toyota
Version 0.6.4 (2019-09-08)
- Forward stock AEB for Honda Nidec
- Improve lane centering on banked roads
- Always-on forward collision warning
- Always-on driver monitoring, except for right hand drive countries
- Driver monitoring learns the user's normal driving position
- Honda Fit support thanks to energee!
- Lexus IS support
Version 0.6.3 (2019-08-12)
- Alert sounds from EON: requires NEOS update
- Improve driver monitoring: eye tracking and improved awareness logic
- Improve path prediction with new driving model
- Improve lane positioning with wide lanes and exits
- Improve lateral control on RAV4
- Slow down for turns using model
- Open sourced regression test to verify outputs against reference logs
- Open sourced regression test to sanity check all car models
Version 0.6.2 (2019-07-29)
- New driving model!
- Improve lane tracking with double lines
- Strongly improve stationary vehicle detection
- Strongly reduce cases of braking due to false leads
- Better lead tracking around turns
- Improve cut-in prediction by using neural network
- Improve lateral control on Toyota Camry and C-HR thanks to zorrobyte!
- Fix unintended openpilot disengagements on Jeep thanks to adhintz!
- Fix delayed transition to offroad when car is turned off
Version 0.6.1 (2019-07-21)
- Remote SSH with comma prime and ssh.comma.ai
- Panda code Misra-c2012 compliance, tested against cppcheck coverage
- Lockout openpilot after 3 terminal alerts for driver distracted or unresponsive
- Toyota Sienna support thanks to wocsor!
Version 0.6 (2019-07-01)
- New model, with double the pixels and ten times the temporal context!
- Car should not take exits when in the right lane
- openpilot uses only ~65% of the CPU (down from 75%)
- Routes visible in connect/explorer after only 0.2% is uploaded (qlogs)
- loggerd and sensord are open source, every line of openpilot is now open
- Panda safety code is MISRA compliant and ships with a signed version on release2
- New NEOS is 500MB smaller and has a reproducible usr/pipenv
- Lexus ES Hybrid support thanks to wocsor!
- Improve tuning for supported Toyota with TSS2
- Various other stability improvements
Version 0.5.13 (2019-05-31)
- Reduce panda power consumption by 70%, down to 80mW, when car is off (not for GM)
- Reduce EON power consumption by 40%, down to 1100mW, when car is off
- Reduce CPU utilization by 20% and improve stability
- Temporarily remove mapd functionalities to improve stability
- Add openpilot record-only mode for unsupported cars
- Synchronize controlsd to boardd to reduce latency
- Remove panda support for Subaru giraffe
Version 0.5.12 (2019-05-16)
- Improve lateral control for the Prius and Prius Prime
- Compress logs before writing to disk
- Remove old driving data when storage reaches 90% full
- Fix small offset in following distance
- Various small CPU optimizations
- Improve offroad power consumption: require NEOS Update
- Add default speed limits for Estonia thanks to martinl!
- Subaru Crosstrek support thanks to martinl!
- Toyota Avalon support thanks to njbrown09!
- Toyota Rav4 with TSS 2.0 support thanks to wocsor!
- Toyota Corolla with TSS 2.0 support thanks to wocsor!
Version 0.5.11 (2019-04-17)
- Add support for Subaru
- Reduce panda power consumption by 60% when car is off
- Fix controlsd lag every 6 minutes. This would sometimes cause disengagements
- Fix bug in controls with new angle-offset learner in MPC
- Reduce cpu consumption of ubloxd by rewriting it in C++
- Improve driver monitoring model and face detection
- Improve performance of visiond and ui
- Honda Passport 2019 support
- Lexus RX Hybrid 2019 support thanks to schomems!
- Improve road selection heuristic in mapd
- Add Lane Departure Warning to dashboard for Toyota thanks to arne182
Version 0.5.10 (2019-03-19)
- Self-tuning vehicle parameters: steering offset, tire stiffness and steering ratio
- Improve longitudinal control at low speed when lead vehicle harshly decelerates
- Fix panda bug going unexpectedly in DCP mode when EON is connected
- Reduce white panda power consumption by 500mW when EON is disconnected by turning off WIFI
- New Driver Monitoring Model
- Support QR codes for login using comma connect
- Refactor comma pedal FW and use CRC-8 checksum algorithm for safety. Reflashing pedal is required.
#hw-pedal on discord for assistance updating comma pedal.
- Additional speed limit rules for Germany thanks to arne182
- Allow negative speed limit offsets
Version 0.5.9 (2019-02-10)
- Improve calibration using a dedicated neural network
- Abstract planner in its own process to remove lags in controls process
- Improve speed limits with country/region defaults by road type
- Reduce mapd data usage with gzip thanks to eFiniLan
- Zip log files in the background to reduce disk usage
- Kia Optima support thanks to emmertex!
- Buick Regal 2018 support thanks to HOYS!
- Comma pedal support for Toyota thanks to wocsor! Note: tuning needed and not maintained by comma
- Chrysler Pacifica and Jeep Grand Cherokee support thanks to adhintz!
Version 0.5.8 (2019-01-17)
- Open sourced visiond
- Auto-slowdown for upcoming turns
- Chrysler/Jeep/Fiat support thanks to adhintz!
- Honda Civic 2019 support thanks to csouers!
- Improve use of car display in Toyota thanks to arne182!
- No data upload when connected to Android or iOS hotspots and "Enable Upload Over Cellular" setting is off
- EON stops charging when 12V battery drops below 11.8V
Version 0.5.7 (2018-12-06)
- Speed limit from OpenStreetMap added to UI
- Highlight speed limit when speed exceeds road speed limit plus a delta
- Option to limit openpilot max speed to road speed limit plus a delta
- Cadillac ATS support thanks to vntarasov!
- GMC Acadia support thanks to CryptoKylan!
- Decrease GPU power consumption
- NEOSv8 autoupdate
Version 0.5.6 (2018-11-16)
- Refresh settings layout and add feature descriptions
- In Honda, keep stock camera on for logging and extra stock features; new openpilot giraffe setting is 0111!
- In Toyota, option to keep stock camera on for logging and extra stock features (e.g. AHB); 120Ohm resistor required on giraffe.
- Improve camera calibration stability
- More tuning to Honda positive accelerations
- Reduce brake pump use on Hondas
- Chevrolet Malibu support thanks to tylergets!
- Holden Astra support thanks to AlexHill!
Version 0.5.5 (2018-10-20)
- Increase allowed Honda positive accelerations
- Fix sporadic unexpected braking when passing semi-trucks in Toyota
- Fix gear reading bug in Hyundai Elantra thanks to emmertex!
Version 0.5.4 (2018-09-25)
- New Driving Model
- New Driver Monitoring Model
- Improve longitudinal mpc in mid-low speed braking
- Honda Accord hybrid support thanks to energee!
- Ship mpc binaries and sensibly reduce build time
- Calibration more stable
- More Hyundai and Kia cars supported thanks to emmertex!
- Various GM Volt improvements thanks to vntarasov!
Version 0.5.3 (2018-09-03)
- Hyundai Santa Fe support!
- Honda Pilot 2019 support thanks to energee!
- Toyota Highlander support thanks to daehahn!
- Improve steering tuning for Honda Odyssey
Version 0.5.2 (2018-08-16)
- New calibration: more accurate, a lot faster, open source!
- Enable orbd
- Add little endian support to CAN packer
- Fix fingerprint for Honda Accord 1.5T
- Improve driver monitoring model
Version 0.5.1 (2018-08-01)
- Fix radar error on Civic sedan 2018
- Improve thermal management logic
- Alpha Toyota C-HR and Camry support!
- Auto-switch Driver Monitoring to 3 min counter when inaccurate
Version 0.5 (2018-07-11)
- Driver Monitoring (beta) option in settings!
- Make visiond, loggerd and UI use less resources
- 60 FPS UI
- Better car parameters for most cars
- New sidebar with stats
- Remove Waze and Spotify to free up system resources
- Remove rear view mirror option
- Calibration 3x faster
Version 0.4.7.2 (2018-06-25)
- Fix loggerd lag issue
- No longer prompt for updates
- Mitigate right lane hugging for properly mounted EON (procedure on wiki)
Version 0.4.7.1 (2018-06-18)
- Fix Acura ILX steer faults
- Fix bug in mock car
Version 0.4.7 (2018-06-15)
- New model!
- GM Volt (and CT6 lateral) support!
- Honda Bosch lateral support!
- Improve actuator modeling to reduce lateral wobble
- Minor refactor of car abstraction layer
- Hack around orbd startup issue
Version 0.4.6 (2018-05-18)
- NEOSv6 required! Will autoupdate
- Stability improvements
- Fix all memory leaks
- Update C++ compiler to clang6
- Improve front camera exposure
Version 0.4.5 (2018-04-27)
- Release notes added to the update popup
- Improve auto shut-off logic to disallow empty battery
- Added onboarding instructions
- Include orbd, the first piece of new calibration algorithm
- Show remaining upload data instead of file numbers
- Fix UI bugs
- Fix memory leaks
Version 0.4.4 (2018-04-13)
- EON are flipped! Flip your EON's mount!
- Alpha Honda Ridgeline support thanks to energee!
- Support optional front camera recording
- Upload over cellular toggle now applies to all files, not just video
- Increase acceleration when closing lead gap
- User now prompted for future updates
- NEO no longer supported :(
Version 0.4.3.2 (2018-03-29)
- Improve autofocus
- Improve driving when only one lane line is detected
- Added fingerprint for Toyota Corolla LE
- Fixed Toyota Corolla steer error
- Full-screen driving UI
- Improved path drawing
Version 0.4.3.1 (2018-03-19)
- Improve autofocus
- Add check for MPC solution error
- Make first distracted warning visual only
Version 0.4.3 (2018-03-13)
- Add HDR and autofocus
- Update UI aesthetic
- Grey panda works in Waze
- Add alpha support for 2017 Honda Pilot
- Slight increase in acceleration response from stop
- Switch CAN sending to use CANPacker
- Fix pulsing acceleration regression on Honda
- Fix openpilot bugs when stock system is in use
- Change starting logic for chffrplus to use battery voltage
Version 0.4.2 (2018-02-05)
- Add alpha support for 2017 Lexus RX Hybrid
- Add alpha support for 2018 ACURA RDX
- Updated fingerprint to include Toyota Rav4 SE and Prius Prime
- Bugfixes for Acura ILX and Honda Odyssey
Version 0.4.1 (2018-01-30)
- Add alpha support for 2017 Toyota Corolla
- Add alpha support for 2018 Honda Odyssey with Honda Sensing
- Add alpha support for Grey Panda
- Refactored car abstraction layer to make car ports easier
- Increased steering torque limit on Honda CR-V by 30%
Version 0.4.0.2 (2018-01-18)
- Add focus adjustment slider
- Minor bugfixes
Version 0.4.0.1 (2017-12-21)
- New UI to match chffrplus
- Improved lateral control tuning to fix oscillations on Civic
- Add alpha support for 2017 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid
- Reduced CPU usage
- Removed unnecessary utilization of fan at max speed
- Minor bug fixes
Version 0.3.9 (2017-11-21)
- Add alpha support for 2017 Toyota Prius
- Improved longitudinal control using model predictive control
- Enable Forward Collision Warning
- Acura ILX now maintains openpilot engaged at standstill when brakes are applied
Version 0.3.8.2 (2017-10-30)
- Add alpha support for 2017 Toyota RAV4
- Smoother lateral control
- Stay silent if stock system is connected through giraffe
- Minor bug fixes
Version 0.3.7 (2017-09-30)
- Improved lateral control using model predictive control
- Improved lane centering
- Improved GPS
- Reduced tendency of path deviation near right side exits
- Enable engagement while the accelerator pedal is pressed
- Enable engagement while the brake pedal is pressed, when stationary and with lead vehicle within 5m
- Disable engagement when park brake or brake hold are active
- Fixed sporadic longitudinal pulsing in Civic
- Cleanups to vehicle interface
Version 0.3.6.1 (2017-08-15)
- Mitigate low speed steering oscillations on some vehicles
- Include board steering check for CR-V
Version 0.3.6 (2017-08-08)
- Fix alpha CR-V support
- Improved GPS
- Fix display of target speed not always matching HUD
- Increased acceleration after stop
- Mitigated some vehicles driving too close to the right line
Version 0.3.5 (2017-07-30)
- Fix bug where new devices would not begin calibration
- Minor robustness improvements
Version 0.3.4 (2017-07-28)
- Improved model trained on more data
- Much improved controls tuning
- Performance improvements
- Bugfixes and improvements to calibration
- Driving log can play back video
- Acura only: system now stays engaged below 25mph as long as brakes are applied
Version 0.3.3 (2017-06-28)
- Improved model trained on more data
- Alpha CR-V support thanks to energee and johnnwvs!
- Using the opendbc project for DBC files
- Minor performance improvements
- UI update thanks to pjlao307
- Power off button
- 6% more torque on the Civic
Version 0.3.2 (2017-05-22)
- Minor stability bugfixes
- Added metrics and rear view mirror disable to settings
- Update model with more crowdsourced data
Version 0.3.1 (2017-05-17)
- visiond stability bugfix
- Add logging for angle and flashing
Version 0.3.0 (2017-05-12)
- Add CarParams struct to improve the abstraction layer
- Refactor visiond IPC to support multiple clients
- Add raw GPS and beginning support for navigation
- Improve model in visiond using crowdsourced data
- Add improved system logging to diagnose instability
- Rewrite baseui in React Native
- Moved calibration to the cloud
Version 0.2.9 (2017-03-01)
- Retain compatibility with NEOS v1
Version 0.2.8 (2017-02-27)
- Fix bug where frames were being dropped in minute 71
Version 0.2.7 (2017-02-08)
- Better performance and pictures at night
- Fix ptr alignment issue in boardd
- Fix brake error light, fix crash if too cold
Version 0.2.6 (2017-01-31)
- Fix bug in visiond model execution
Version 0.2.5 (2017-01-30)
- Fix race condition in manager
Version 0.2.4 (2017-01-27)
- OnePlus 3T support
- Enable installation as NEOS app
- Various minor bugfixes
Version 0.2.3 (2017-01-11)
- Reduce space usage by 80%
- Add better logging
- Add Travis CI
Version 0.2.2 (2017-01-10)
- Board triggers started signal on CAN messages
- Improved autoexposure
- Handle out of space, improve upload status
Version 0.2.1 (2016-12-14)
- Performance improvements, removal of more numpy
- Fix boardd process priority
- Make counter timer reset on use of steering wheel
Version 0.2 (2016-12-12)
- Car/Radar abstraction layers have shipped, see cereal/car.capnp
- controlsd has been refactored
- Shipped plant model and testing maneuvers
- visiond exits more gracefully now
- Hardware encoder in visiond should always init
- ui now turns off the screen after 30 seconds
- Switch to openpilot release branch for future releases
- Added preliminary Docker container to run tests on PC
Version 0.1 (2016-11-29)
- Initial release of openpilot
- Adaptive cruise control is working
- Lane keep assist is working
- Support for Acura ILX 2016 with AcuraWatch Plus
- Support for Honda Civic 2016 Touring Edition